Frosty Morning View

Frosty Morning View
Fall Camping-Eagle Lake, California

Friday, July 22, 2011

Emergency Stoves

Maybe I'm just a little slow some days.

But, how many people out there have a camping stove in their hall closet for emergencies? I've been doing some research on stoves for camping, and some of the reviews I've read have people buying stoves to keep on hand in case of an emergency.

Maybe it's because we live in a part of the country that (so far anyway) we've had little call for an emergency cook stove. I just never gave that much thought. Also, we have a natural gas cook stove anyways. If the power goes out, we can still use a lighter to light the flame.

Just my thinking for the morning!!! Hope everyone has a safe and cool weekend.

1 comment:

  1. i've been known to make a pot of coffee with water warmed up in a pan held in my fireplace/wood stove, but that's as far as i've gotten towards emergency preparedness. oh, and i've got a few MREs around here too. figure we're not remote enough to get into too much trouble here (at least i'd hope not.)

    ReplyDelete