Frosty Morning View

Frosty Morning View
Fall Camping-Eagle Lake, California

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cool mornings and hot pancakes.....

What can be better then some steamy, hot, buttery pancakes as a breakfast for camping?

I've been whipping up pancakes for over 30 years for the family.



I've made sourdough pancakes,  from the box pancakes and scratch pancakes.

And now I've put together a recipe for Oat Pancakes that I absolutely love.........

The oats add a whole new texture and flavor to the pancakes. Plus the added healthy benefits of fiber is always welcomed.......

But- what kind of syrup to use??

I've slowly been getting away from processed foods, especially anything that has high fructose corn syrup in it.

I did find a syrup that was made with brown rice syrup, with maple syrup.

Log Cabin makes it. It's not too bad, just wish I could afford the real maple syrup......

I've also used molasses now and then on our pancakes. I actually kinda like the flavor of molasses, and of course there's always honey.


Hmmmm, I think it's time to make up a batch of these pancakes, I'm starting to get hungry!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment