Frosty Morning View

Frosty Morning View
Fall Camping-Eagle Lake, California

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Hunting We Will Go!!


Jerry and I grew up in a very small town in Eastern Oregon.

Most of the people who lived there either carried a hunting rifle or fishing pole behind the seat of their pick-up truck, some people had both!!
 I haven't gotten into the whole hunting thing.

I do have my Hunter Safety Certificate, so if at some time in the future I decide to wage war against Bambi and his friends, I can legally do that.

Jerry applies for and hopes that he will draw his tags for deer each year.  Since we live in Nevada, he can only draw a Bull Elk tag once every 10 years. He can draw his Antelope Buck tag once every 6 years.

He did manage to draw his deer tag this year, again. So, come October, we will be packing the camping gear and loading the gun and quad to try and chase down a prime looking candidate for our freezer!!

I had never had the pleasure of eating Antelope meat until we moved to Nevada.

I love Antelope meat.

The only issue I have with hunting these creatures is the fact that they are so small. I would really like it if the Antelope were about 50 pounds heavier.

Even tho I'm not into the actual shooting end of hunting, I go along for just the fun of it. Camping, riding the quad, being up in the mountains. Sagebrush, pine,fir, and aspens.

It's totally beautiful in Northern Nevada in the fall and early winter.

I'll pack the camera, a snack and a good book. While Jerry's off doing the great white hunter thing, I'll take some pics or find a sunny corner to settle back with my book.

Just soaking up some sun and waiting for Jerry to circle back down the ridge, or back up the draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment