Frosty Morning View

Frosty Morning View
Fall Camping-Eagle Lake, California

Friday, May 13, 2011

Camping and Crocheting............do YOU?

 Do you have a craft you enjoy while camping?

Log Cabin Afghan
 Several years ago, I started taking my latest afghan project, to work on while we where camping or hunting.

I guess you could say my grannie was a big influence on camping and crocheting. Any craft for that matter. Years ago, my grandpa would contract with the Forest Service to "clean up" logging slash in Eastern Oregon.
Another Log Cabin Afghan

So..........Grandpa and grannie would haul their R.V out to wherever the job site was and set up camp for the summer. I spent many summers staying with them while I was growing up.

Granny always had something to work on (this was before we even heard of portable d.v.d. players, play-boys or any of the hand held toys).  We would crochet, make beaded necklace's and other craft projects.

Do you have a craft you like to work on when camping?

1 comment:

  1. can i make a suggestion? your photos are so lovely. would you think about loading them in a larger format so we could see them a bit better? your landscapes are absolutely stunning and should be SHOUTING from your blog page. :) ha!

    ReplyDelete