Frosty Morning View

Frosty Morning View
Fall Camping-Eagle Lake, California

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cold Days........Hot Chili!!!

With the days starting to dip down into the 30's and 40's, I start thinking of hot,yummy meals. Stew's, soup's and of course chili.

 I have to admit that I just have problems making a great pot of chili.

I've tried oodles of recipes, spices and suggestions from friends and family. I just couldn't put the right flavor together for my chili.

I like a lot of flavor with just a hint of heat. Just couldn't get it right.

Until my daughter in law introduced me to Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce.

WOW!!! WHO KNEW??

I cooked up a pot of beans and added a couple of chipotle peppers, ground beef and some tomato sauce.


 It was just the right flavor. Kinda smokey, a little bit of heat and full of flavor.

You can bet this is going into my camp meals recipes.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your display picture.. Awesome! As for the food.. My kids are too fussy to eat that.. strictly chicken or fish in our house :( Anything else they wont touch!

    ReplyDelete