Frosty Morning View

Frosty Morning View
Fall Camping-Eagle Lake, California

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Teardrop Trailers.......



I'm sure you've seen these light camping trailers being towed down the road.

They might be tiny, but they are very impressionable.

Basically, you've got room for sleeping and some storage area.

Some of the teardrop trailers also have an area in the back for cooking........

Teardrop trailers first became popular  in the 1930s, when magazines such as Mechanics Illustrated published plans. 

The first teardrops were designed around the idea of using standard 4 by 8-foot sheets of plywood with hardwood spars. 

Teardrop trailers remained popular until the mid 1960s after which they disappeared from mainstream camping.

However, in the late 1990s, plans became available on the internet and in recent years teardrop trailers have made a resurgence and are again growing in popularity.(Wikipedia)


I'm just trying to picture myself and all I feel is "necessary" when camping stuffed into this little trailer.

I think I would need another trailer for all my stuff!!!

Just think, when you see one of these rolling down the highways, it's almost like looking at a piece of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment